Monday, October 4, 2010

Partyin it up in the SLC


We went to the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference. And can I just say that I was actually able to stay awake for the entire time?! I know...impressive :] 

I think out of all of them, President Uchtdorf's talk that he gave Saturday morning was my favorite. It hit me the hardest. He counseled us to SLOW DOWN :] He kept emphasizing the fact that it's so easy to be busy...we try and get ourselves caught up in so many things - he says "resist the tempation to get caught up in the frantic ways of every day life...simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." We have to start focusing more on the most significant things in our lives - God, our family, the people we surround ourselves with, and yourself :] We've got to simplify our lives.

We went up to SLC Saturday so that the boys could all go to Priesthood session. Kaitlin's incredible parents treated us to dinner at Buca di Beppo!! DELICIOUS!! Then we went back to Jordan's sister's house to go hot tubbing and watch a movie before heading back to the hotel...
It was a fabulous weekend :] I love my friends. I love my family. I love my life! God is good and is blessing me beyond what I think I deserve... I love that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment