Monday, August 25, 2014

So long sweet summer

Wow it's been a crazy end to summer these last few weeks. Not only has the month of August flown by...but I feel like so much has happened in, what feels like, such a short amount of time.

A few weeks after my last post (YEAR ONE), my bestest friends FINALLY came home from their missions. Bless them for being such valiant missionaries, but man did I miss them! They picked me up from the airport and it's like we picked up right where we left off. Except we had a lot more spirital conversations...since that's all they know how to talk about still... ;) haha. A girls week in California was exactly what I needed after such a long, lonely summer. Being back with my main group made everything feel normal again. Although I have to admit, I didn't feel very married while I was with them. I felt like we were all going to leave the next week and go back to BYU to start another semester at Lanai. Ha. So weird.


Nate finished his internship that same week and met us out in Southern California that weekend. Kaitlin & Aimee didn't get to know him very well before they left for distant lands and we got engaged, so naturally I was very excited to have him around for my final few days visiting them. We ate lots of good food, stayed up way too late, and of course, got the worst sunburns ever after refusing to put sunscreen on at the beach. Oops.



Kaitlin was kind enough to take some pictures of us while we were hanging out in Oxnard at their family's beach house. A big part of me was really sad she wasn't in the states when it was time to get our engagements done last year, so it was super fun pretending like that's what we were doing with her this time. Nate was a really good sport about it :) And as always, they turned out amazing and I still think she's the very best.







It's always hard coming back from a long vacation and having to get back into the swing of work again right away. It honestly took me days to get fully concentrated once I was back in the office.

Nate has plenty of prep work to keep him busy until school starts at the beginning of September. We sat down the other night and made a list of all the hospitals he'd like to apply to for fellowships next year. Most of the applications are due by the end of September, but for positions that won't start until after he graduates in May. It's so exciting and scary to think that we could be somewhere on the complete opposite side of the country this time next year. We just have no idea. What I do know is how grateful I am that no matter where we end up, this guy is gonna be by my side the whole time. The best part of this summer ending is that he's finally back home with me for good. I can't get enough of him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment