Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Too often I find myself trying to plan ahead. I look into the future and try and figure out what's going to happen next week, or next month, or 6 months from now - when really, I tend to forget to live in the now. I forget that I'm in the place I am for a reason, whether it's to learn something, or be there for someone, or to experience something, or to keep me from doing anything or going anywhere else.

If there's one thing that I've realized this year, it's that God has a plan for each and every one of us, and it's not just a picture-perfect future in store - it's steps and experiences, conversations, relationships, trials, lessons - all foreseen by Him - all planned - all needed for us, to get us eventually to that perfect future...but until then, it's going to be all about enjoying the journey up until that point. And not always wondering what that future is going to be like, but instead stepping back and noticing the importance of every single day.

That sounds so dumb and cliche, but really it's so true. I always spend way too much time worrying what's going to happen, when I could be missing out on an experience, or memory, or conversation that I'll want to remember, or that will help me grow or learn something specific.

So, here's to a new attitude. To enjoying every day, and not wondering what the next is going to be like until the next morning.

But here's also not to over-analyzing...because that could happen, too...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment