Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Memories

My uncle used to play this song for me on the piano every time I came over to spend the night at his house growing up. I can picture his long crooked, jammed fingers running almost effortlessly across the black and white keys...

I was a different person then. Young and innocent. Without flaw. Before the age of accountability...so much of me wishes I could have stayed that way forever. Thinking no wrong and always heeding to the care of others.

It's weird to think that they have five kids of their own now. So much time has passed.
15 years. 180 months. 5475 days.
Do you ever wish you could rewind time?
I don't.

Sometimes I wish I could pause it.
Or fast-forward it.

I think everything that has happened in my life has happened for a reason - most of the time, they're reasons completely unknown to me. I'm content knowing one day it will all make sense to me.

I know all the hard time and rough patches will one day be smoothed out and hopefully forgotten. I think my most favorite phrase to say thus far this week is "live and learn". The majority of the time, I've been saying it in a joking manner, but it's so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment